The construction industry is a rapidly growing industry in the UK. Like any other business, there is a legislative duty to be adhered to in accordance with UK law. The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) is a legal requirement and a specialised area of payroll for contractors to deduct tax from payments.
This Construction Industry Scheme Course will explain the responsibilities of contractors and sub-contractors operating under the scheme, including all the requirements for administering the CIS scheme properly for a construction business.
You will learn what work falls within the scope of CIS, the definitions of the variables, and the registration process with HMRC. The course also covers the pitfalls and consequences for not operating within the CIS, the deduction process, and the recent changes to the scheme.
By the end of this course, you will have a practical understanding of the CIS from the case studies and examples on the day-to-day scenarios you may have to encounter as a contractor, subcontractor, and other relevant roles in the construction industry.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The types of work that is covered by the CIS scheme carried out in the UK.
- The fundamental aspects of the CIS scheme, including the definition of a contract (written and verbal), Contractor, Construction Operation, Subcontractor and their responsibilities.
- The registration process for the Construction Industry Scheme.
- The three key factors that differentiate employees and contractors in the eyes of current UK law.
- The penalties involved in CIS and the appealing process.
- Different areas of disputes involved in CIS, including the use of trading names, and payment process to 3rd parties.
- The 3 main steps to the verification of the subcontractor’s process explained with relevant examples.
- Learn about the practical impact of CIS and the future of the CIS Scheme in light of the Reverse charge mechanism from 1 October 2020
- Explore the types of businesses that fall under the Construction Industry Scheme and the exceptions.
- Learn how to comply with the contractor’s obligations in accordance with the CIS.
- Learn how to calculate and make deductions from payments correctly with examples.
- Discover how CIS Returns work and how to claim them.
- Learn the importance of record-keeping and how to do it efficiently.
- Uncover the process of obtaining Gross Payment Status and how you could lose it.
- Find out about the 3 tests required for Subcontractors to pass to qualify for Payment Certificates.
- Learn how can you prepare your business in accordance with the CIS.
Your Path to Success
The knowledge and expertise of the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) is an essential skill set to operate as a Contractor, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Manager & Finance Professional, responsible for processing and reporting CIS payments and returns. Not to mention the importance of this knowledge to run a functioning and successful construction business.
Skills You Will Gain
- Payroll Management
- Account Management
- CIS Skill
- Legislative Skill
- Administrative Skill
- Contract Management
Is This Construction Industry Scheme Course Right for You?
The Construction Industry Scheme course is perfect for anyone who is interested in a career in finance and accounting, as well as law practitioners who want to gain expertise in the CIS to get involved with the construction sector.
This comprehensive guide is also great for practising professionals who acquired some practical knowledge but lack theoretical understanding and require an attestation of their skills. The CPD Accredited Certification will boost your resume to help you stand out to prospective employers
There are no specific requirements to enrol on this course and to help you learn at your own schedule, the course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device.
Once you have finished the learning stages in the course, your abilities will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice question session, after which you will receive the results immediately.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
|Module 01: Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)|
|Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)||00:20:00|
|Module 02: Coverage of the Scheme|
|Coverage of the Scheme||00:32:00|
|Module 03: Contractors and Registration for the Scheme|
|Contractors and Registration for the Scheme||00:23:00|
|Module 04: Verification Process|
|Module 05: The CIS Returns|
|The CIS Returns||00:19:00|
|Module 06: Record Keeping and CIS Certificates|
|Record Keeping and CIS Certificates||00:20:00|
|Module 07: Penalties Involved in CIS|
|Penalties Involved in CIS||00:20:00|
|Module 08: Miscellaneous Information|
No Reviews found for this course.