People who misuse alcohol, tobacco, mood-inducing drugs, or any other legal and illegal substance that have detrimental effects on their physical, mental, social, and overall well-being require assistance to overcome such situations. A substance misuse outreach worker is often the first point of contact with their recovery.
The profession of a Substance Misuse Outreach Worker is a rewarding career choice, as it makes a significant difference in thousand’s of people’s lives every year. The determination to work towards the betterment of struggling adults and troubled youngsters is the first prerequisite of this vocation and requires a clear understanding of the psychological, physical, and social aspects involved here.
This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker Course is developed to provide the fundamental knowledge and the core roles and responsibilities you require. The course discusses the basic skills and essential mindset required to excel in this occupation. In addition to that, you will explore the legal aspects and case studies of substance abuse and how can you utilise them to help struggling individuals. Along with the discussion on negative impacts, the importance of exploring the positive ones that drive them to substance abuse in the first place is also explored.
By the end of this course, you will understand the theoretical ideas and the science behind why we do what we do and what veers people towards substance misuse. It will enable you to be better equipped with the essential knowledge to grow a career and excel in this rewarding profession.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- Different common drugs, alcohol, ecstasies, prescribed drugs, and their physical mental effect on the user.
- A five-stage process to conceptualise how people think about substance misuse, to change their behaviour.
- The Nature of Substance Misuse: biological, psychological and social perspectives
- The central principles of clinical supervision
- Explore the four key areas where people experience the negative effects of substance abuse.
- The pharmacological agents in managing substance misuse problems
- Implementing substance use policy in accord to the Legislation Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
- A comprehensive practical career guide for the substance abuse workers.
- How to engage, motivate, and support substance misusers and their families to make changes in their behaviour and actions in relation to substance misuse.
- Learn the physical and psychological factors that instigate drug abuse to a loss of control.
- Discover the core skills in assessment and the planning needed to identify and manage drug dependence.
- Explore the reason youngsters give on why they abuse and the actual reasons they do it.
- Learn how substance misuse doesn’t only affect the individual, but also their family, entire communities, and society as a whole.
- Identify and prepare for withdrawal effects, that can lead to anxiety, seizures, hallucinations, and tremors along with physical discomfort.
- The methods in exploring and identifying strengths, including personal, family, social, and other positive networks you can use to achieve treatment and recovery goals.
- Find out the legal consequences of substance abuse and how to use this knowledge in motivating rehabilitation and prevention.
Your Path to Success
Upon completion, you will be equipped with comprehensive knowledge and skills to tackle different scenarios you may face as a social outreach professional. As this knowledge and skill is highly employable in various sectors, you have the opportunity to utilise your skills as an outreach worker in a drop-in rehabilitation centre, counselling, referral service, education and training programs, healthcare, youth care work, juvenile correction facilities, and various detox programs. With more experience, you will be able to move into management and mentoring roles as a social worker.
Skills You Will Gain
- Counselling skills
- Social working skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Psychosocial skills
- Physical care skills
- Observational skill
- Teamwork skill
Is This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker Course Right for You?
This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course is perfect for anyone who is interested in a career in social working and enthusiastic about making a difference to the world.
This comprehensive guide is also great for practising professionals who have acquired some practical knowledge but lack theoretical understanding and require attestation of their skills. Any GPs, health professionals or correction facilities executives will find this course beneficial to help them to deal with substance misuse problems.
The CPD Accredited Certification will boost your resume to help you stand out among other candidates.
Once you have finished the learning stages in the course, your abilities will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice question session, after which you will receive the results immediately.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
|Module 01: Substance Misuse and Outreach Worker|
|Substance Misuse and Outreach Worker||00:13:00|
|Module 02: Substances: Drugs, Alcohol and Others|
|Substances Drugs, Alcohol and Others||00:06:00|
|Module 03: Abuses of Substance Misuse|
|Abuses of Substance Misuse||00:14:00|
|Module 04: Why People Use Drug and Alcohol?|
|Why People Use Drug and Alcohol||00:17:00|
|Module 05: The Nature of Substance Misuse: Biological, Psychological and Social Perspectives|
|The Nature of Substance Misuse Biological, Psychological and Social Perspective||00:18:00|
|Module 06: Understand Possible Causes of Substance and Drug Abuse|
|Understand Possible Causes of Substance and Drug Abuse||00:09:00|
|Module 07: Implementing Substance Use Policy|
|Implementing Substance Use Policy||00:14:00|
|Module 08: Effects of Drugs on the Body and Mind|
|Effects of Drugs on the Body and Mind||00:12:00|
|Module 09: Enhancing Assessment and Treatment of Substance Misuse|
|Enhancing Assessment and Treatment of Substance Misuse||00:27:00|
|Module 10: Health Consideration|
|Module 11: Specific Treatment Situations|
|Specific Treatment Situations||00:11:00|
|Module 12: Substance Misusers: Children|
|Substance Misusers Children||00:07:00|
|Module 13: Risk Factors|
|Module 14: Pharmacological Agents Used in the Management of Substance Misuse Problems|
|Pharmacological Agents Used in the Management of Substance Misuse Problems||00:07:00|
|Module 15: Planning and Implementing a Practice Improvement Subject|
|Planning and Implementing a Practice Improvement Subject||00:08:00|
|Module 16: Prevention and Awareness|
|Prevention and Awareness||00:20:00|
|Module 17: Substance Use Capabilities Across All Level of Social Work|
|Substance Use Capabilities Across All Level of Social Work||00:05:00|
|Module 18: Career Consultancy|
No Reviews found for this course.