Studies reveal that as many as 1 in every 10 children in the UK experience abuse or come from a dysfunctional home. To ensure that abused children receive the love they deserve and grow into happy, healthy adults, foster care services must be able to meet the physical, social, emotional, and educational needs of a child, helping them to develop into confident, young adults.
If you work in social care and wish to learn more about fostering services, or are looking to kickstart a career in this field, then this course is perfect for you. It is also ideal for aspiring foster parents who want to gain a better understanding of the process for fostering a child and the foster care system.
You will learn about the different types of foster care services, fostering skills and requirements, how to provide a safe environment, and much more. Enrol in this course today and start making a positive change to children’s lives.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The History of Foster Care
- Current Trends in Fostering in the UK
- Who Can Foster a Child? Who Needs Fostering?
- The Difference Between Fostering & Adoption
- The Role of Foster Carers
- Physical, Social, Emotional & Educational Needs of a Child
- Fostering Skills and Requirements
- Types of Fostering Services
- Understand the latest trends in foster care in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Deepen your knowledge of the role of a foster carer and foster care services
- Identify the differences between fostering and adopting a child
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the skills and requirements required to work in the foster care sector
- Learn about the physical, social, emotional and educational needs of children
- Understand the challenges involved in fostering a child and the effects of foster care on children
- Broaden your understanding of how modern formal foster care works
- Familiarise with some important statistics regarding foster care and fostered children in the UK
Your Path to Success
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will be fully prepared to work in a foster care role or foster a child yourself. Professions within this field include the following:
- Foster Carer
- Qualified Social Worker
- Fostering Team Manager
Skills You Will Gain
- Ability to nurture, care for and communicate effectively with children
- Ability to guide, educate and discipline children
- Empathy & patience
- Listening Skills
- Child care skills
Is the Foster Care Training Course Right for You?
This comprehensive training course is ideal for parents who are looking into fostering a child, as well as individuals who wish to start a career in the social care sector in the field of foster care. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
To receive the CPD and IAO approved certificate, learners must successfully complete the course assessment. For only £10, you may obtain digital certificates. Learners in the UK can buy printed hard copies for £29, while overseas students can buy printed hard copies for £39.
|Module 01: Introduction to Foster Care|
|Introduction to Foster Care||00:07:00|
|Module 02: Foster Care-Definition and Types|
|Foster Care-Definition and Types||00:14:00|
|Module 03: Role of Foster Carers|
|Role of Foster Carers||00:12:00|
|Module 04: Fostering Skills and Requirements|
|Fostering Skills and Requirements||00:09:00|
|Module 05: Becoming a Foster Carer|
|Becoming a Foster Carer||00:25:00|
|Module 06: Foster Care Allowances and Payments|
|Foster Care Allowances and Payments||00:12:00|
|Module 07: Fostering Laws and Regulations|
|Fostering Laws and Regulations||00:21:00|
|Module 08: The Impact of Fostering on the Foster Family|
|The Impact of Fostering on the Foster Family||00:11:00|
No Reviews found for this course.