According to a report in 2019, over 35 million people worldwide suffer from substance abuse disorders, yet only 1 in 7 people receive treatment. In the UK, the NHS spends approximately £500 million each year on the treatment of drug abuse. Drug addiction counsellors are in high demand because of this and are essential to the recovery process.
The Dual Diagnosis Level 2 course provides learners with a comprehensive understanding of substance misuse and its effects on mental health. It explores the reasons behind substance misuse, patterns of behaviour in substance addiction, models of care in dual diagnosis, and much more.
You will learn about the history of dual diagnosis and the terms associated with dual diagnosis and mental health, as well as the process for assessing and diagnosing patients. Taking you step-by-step through common drugs and their effects, you will gain a deeper understanding of why people abuse and misuse drugs, and how to support them through their recovery. This course will equip you with both practical and theoretical knowledge that can be applied within a counselling framework.
Key topics to be covered
- The Definition and history of Dual Diagnosis
- Terms Associated with Dual Diagnosis
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Patients
- Drug Abuse and its Effects on Mental Health
- The Difference Between Drug Abuse and Misuse
- The Reasons Behind Substance Misuse
- The Patterns of Substance Use
- An introduction to Commonly Used Illegal Drugs
- An Overview of Mental Health Disorders
- Models of Care and Dual Diagnosis
- Understand the types of drugs, the reasons behind substance misuse and its effects on mental health
- Familiarise with the terms associated with dual diagnosis and drug abuse
- Know the difference between drug abuse and drug misuse
- Identify the different types of mental health disorders and their symptoms
- Fast track your career as a certified CBT Therapist or Drug Addiction Counsellor
- Deepen your understanding of the Mental Health Act and how it defined mental disorder
- Learn about the Models of Care four-tiered treatment framework and how to apply it in counselling
- Understand the process for the assessment and diagnosis of patients
Your path to success
The Dual Diagnosis Level 2 course is an essential qualification for those looking to start a career in counselling or social care work. Professions in this field include the following:
- CBT Therapist
- Drug Addiction Counsellor
- Dual Diagnosis Support Worker
- Dual Diagnosis Practitioner
Skills you will gain
- Person-centred communication
- Theoretical knowledge of neurophysiology
- Analysing & summarising
- Active listening
Is this Dual Diagnosis Level 2 course for you?
This comprehensive course is for anyone who wishes to gain a deeper understanding of dual diagnosis and substance abuse. It is ideal for those who are looking to fast track a career in drug addiction counselling by gaining the practical and theoretical knowledge required for this profession.
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
To receive the CPD and IAO approved certificate, learners must successfully complete the course assessment. For only £10, you may obtain digital certificates. Learners in the UK can buy printed hard copies for £29, while overseas students can buy printed hard copies for £39.
|Module 01: Dual Diagnosis: A Challenge of New Era|
|Dual Diagnosis A Challenge of New Era||00:22:00|
|Module 02: Drugs and Its Effects|
|Drugs and Their Effects||00:26:00|
|Module 03: Mental Health: An Introduction|
|Mental Health An Introduction||00:30:00|
|Module 04: Brain Works - Neurophysiology|
|Brain Works – Neurophysiology||00:23:00|
|Module 05: Harm Minimisation and Optical Health|
|Harm Minimisation and Optical Health||00:32:00|
|Module 06: Models of Care and Dual Diagnosis|
|Models of Care and Dual Diagnosis||00:23:00|
|Module 07: Psychological Interventions in Dual Diagnosis|
|Psychological Interventions in Dual Diagnosis||00:15:00|
|Module 08: Practice and Policy Issues|
|Practice and Policy Issues||00:19:00|
|Module 09: Ethical Issues and Mental Health Act|
|Ethical Issues and Mental Health Act||00:23:00|
|Module 10: The Assessment Process in Dual Diagnosis|
|The Assessment Process in Dual Diagnosis||00:31:00|
No Reviews found for this course.