Approximately 141 million working days are lost in the UK each year due to accident, injury and illness at the workplace. Regardless of industry or sector, it is crucial that employers and managers ensure a safe working environment that is free of hazards at all times.
In the Diploma in Workplace Safety, you will learn what constitutes a safe workplace, how to identify risks to safety in the working environment, and the legal responsibilities of both employers and employees. This course is ideal for managers who are responsible for training staff on workplace safety and supervising teams to ensure they are working in compliance with UK laws.
This comprehensive course includes case studies and audio-visual guidance, taking you through all areas of health and safety compliance in the workplace. It covers HSE guidelines, safety planning, key legislation, hazard analysis, common injuries, illnesses and accidents, how to report incidents and implementing an effective safety management system for your organisation.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- Defining Workplace Safety: An Introduction
- How to Create a Health & Safety Plan
- Implementing a Health & Safety Management System
- The Legal Requirements of Employers and Employees
- Work Safety Laws and Legislation in the UK
- Common Workplace Illnesses, Injuries & Accidents
- How to Record Illnesses and Accidents in the Workplace
- Identifying safety hazards in the workplace
After completion, you will be able to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the health & safety regulations enforced by OSHA and HSE
- Learn the key principles of The Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1970
- Understand the legal requirements of both employers and employees in ensuring a safe workplace
- Now how to record illness and injuries, identify hazards, and protect employees who report violations
- Identify the common accidents, injuries and illnesses that can occur in the workplace
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times by implementing an effective safety management system
- Understand the steps to effective safety planning and know what a safety plan should include
- Take steps to become a qualified health & safety officer with this accredited qualification
Your Path to Success
The Diploma in Workplace Safety is designed is ideal for managers, supervisors and those looking to start a career in health and safety, such as the following professions:
- Health & Safety Officer
- Health & Safety Compliance Manager
- Health & Safety Advisor
- Site Supervisor
- Project Manager
Skills You Will Gain
- Compliance with UK workplace safety laws
- Safety planning
- Hazard analysis
- Risk mitigation
Is This Diploma in Workplace Safety Right for You?
This comprehensive training course applies to employers and employees from all industries as sectors. It is ideal for supervisors, managers, and those looking to fast track a career in occupational health and safety. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis, from any device with any internet connection.
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
|Module One: An Overview|
|Module Two: Types of Hazards|
|Types of Hazards||00:09:00|
|Module Three: Managers Role|
|Module Four: Training|
|Module Five: Stress Management|
|Module Six: Workplace Violence|
|Module Seven: Identifying Your Company Hazards|
|Identifying Your Company Hazards||00:09:00|
|Module Eight: Drug & Alcohol Abuse|
|Drug & Alcohol Abuse||00:07:00|
|Module Nine: Writing the Safety Plan|
|Writing the Safety Plan||00:09:00|
|Module Ten: Implement the Plan|
|Implement the Plan||00:08:00|
No Reviews found for this course.