Cake decorating is an art that takes skill and dedication to perfect. A beautifully decorated cake is the perfect centrepiece for any special occasion. The Cake Decorating Expert Course is designed to provide those who are looking to set up a cake decorating business or fast track a career in this industry, with the skills they need to get started.
Through step-by-step guidance, you will learn the golden rules of cake baking, taking you through the tools and equipment every professional cake decorator should have. It is packed with essential information and tips on how to work with buttercream frosting and icing, perfect your piping technique, create royal icing from scratch, and much more.
Discover 20 easy ways to decorate a cake, with decorating ideas to try at home, as well as popular frosting recipes. From the necessary ingredients, to how to stack a wedding cake, everything is included in this best-selling course.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The history of cake decorating
- The golden rules of cake baking
- Key cake baking ingredients
- An overview of baking tools and equipment
- Modelling, piping, painting and stencilling
- Cake decorating ideas & tips to try at home
- 20 easy ways to decorate a cake
- Working with buttercream frosting and icing
- Deepen your knowledge of the history of cake baking and decorating
- Understand the fundamental ingredients required to bake a cake
- Familiarise with professional baking tools and equipment
- Learn about the types of icing and discover some popular frosting recipes
- Discover how to make royal icing from scratch and frost a cake
- Master the art of stacking for assembling tiered wedding cakes
- Develop your piping, writing and bordering technique, with step-by-step guidance
- Learn the golden rules of cake baking and set up your own cake decorating business
Your Path to Success
The Cake Decorating Expert Course is a must for those who are looking to set up a cake decorating business or kickstart a career in this field. Professions in this industry include the following:
- Professional Baker
- Cake Decorator
- Wedding Cake Designer
- Pastry Chef
Skills You Will Gain
- Icing and decorating skills
- Baking skills
- Business management
- Cake design
Is the Cake Decorating Expert Course Right for You?
This comprehensive course is suitable for those who already have some experience with baking and decorating cakes. It is ideal for those who are looking to set up a professional cake decorating business and are looking for tips and techniques to get started.
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
To receive the CPD and IAO approved certificate, learners must successfully complete the course assessment. For only £10, you may obtain digital certificates. Learners in the UK can buy printed hard copies for £29, while overseas students can buy printed hard copies for £39.
|Module 01: Introduction to Cake Decorating|
|Introduction to Cake Decorating||00:15:00|
|Module 02: Baking the Cake|
|Baking the Cake||00:10:00|
|Module 03: Ingredients of Baking|
|Ingredients of Baking||00:22:00|
|Module 04: Required Tools and Equipment|
|Required Tools and Equipment||00:16:00|
|Module 05: Cake Decorating Ideas|
|Cake Decorating Ideas||00:21:00|
|Module 06: Decorating A Cake|
|Decorating A Cake||00:21:00|
|Module 07: Frosting and Icing|
|Frosting and Icing||00:19:00|
|Module 08: How to Stack a Cake|
|How to Stack a Cake||00:12:00|
|Module 09: Piping and Writing|
|Piping and Writing||00:22:00|
|Module 10: Working with Marzipan, Ganache, Fondant and Gum-paste|
|Working with Marzipan, Ganache, Fondant and Gum-paste||00:12:00|
|Module 11: Health, Safety and Food Hygiene|
|Health, Safety and Food Hygiene||00:16:00|
|Module 12: Cake Decorating Business Secrets|
|Cake Decorating Business Secrets||00:16:00|
No Reviews found for this course.