This Horticulturist Course is designed by industry experts and will give you a thorough understanding of this topic. Our courses are designed with easy to understand modules that break down each topic and gives our learners proper training on the subject.
If you want to work in this sector and stand out from the rest of the competition, then our Horticulturist Course is the perfect place to start.
We guarantee that you will gain relevant skill and will gain tremendous knowledge on the subject. And the professional qualifications that you achieve after completing the course will help you greatly in procuring a job in the relevant field.
Enjoy a pleasant learning experience with the Academy for Health & Fitness. Enrol in our Horticulturist Course Today
Key Topics to Be Covered
- Plant Tissues & Cells: Structure and Function
- The Basic Structure of a Flower
- An Introduction to Plant Physiology
- How do Plants Photosynthesise?
- An Overview of Plant Nutrition
- The Classification of Plants
- Soil Composition & Testing Soil PH
- Organic Methods of Gardening
- Pest Control, Weed Control & Plant Diseases
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the classification of plants and structure of flowers
- Understand the process of photosynthesis and why it is so important for plants
- Deepen your understanding of the composition of soil and learn how to test soil PH
- Learn some organic methods of gardening and understand the benefits of organic gardening
- Know how to maintain gardens, sports grounds and interior landscapes
- Develop your knowledge of plant diseases and learn about pest and weed control
- Deepen your understanding of plant nutrition and soil health
- Learn step-by-step how to plant a tree and nurture it to full growth
Your Path to Success
The Horticulturist Course is designed for those who are looking to kickstart a career as a horticulturist or develop their expertise in gardening. Professions in this field include the following:
Skills You Will Gain
- Basic botany
- Knowledge of plant physiology
- Understanding of soil science
Is this Horticulturist Course right for you?
This comprehensive course is ideal for anyone looking to develop their understanding of horticulture and garden maintenance, as well as anyone looking to fast track their career in this field. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
|Module 01: Basic Botany|
|Module 02: Plant Classification|
|Module 03: Soil Science|
|Module 04: Plant Nutrition Requirements|
|Plant Nutrition Requirements||00:22:00|
|Module 05: Plant Pests and Diseases|
|Plant Pests and Diseases||00:41:00|
|Module 06: Basic Concepts of Organic Gardening|
|Basic Concepts of Organic Gardening||00:21:00|
|Module 07: Weed Control|
|Module 08: Plant Propagation|
|Plant Propagation part 01||00:31:00|
|Plant Propagation Part 02||00:42:00|
|Module 09: Amenity Horticulture, Plant Selection and Native Plants|
|Amenity Horticulture, Plant Selection and Native Plants||00:36:00|
|Module 10: Exotic Plants|
|Module 11: Indoor Plants|
|Module 12: Lawns|
|Module 13: Planting and Plant Care|
|Planting and Plant Care||00:10:00|
|Module 14: Plant Nodes and Indigenous Plants|
|Plant Nodes and Indigenous Plants||00:21:00|
|Module 15: Plant Protection, Landscaping and Garden Design|
|Plant Protection, Landscaping and Garden Design||00:23:00|
|Module 16: Ornamental Horticulture|
|Module 17: Permaculture|
|Module 18: Arboriculture|
|Module 19: Horticulture Statistics|
|Module 20: Results from the 2018 Seasonal Labour in Horticulture End of Year|
|Results from the 2018 Seasonal Labour in Horticulture End of Year||00:35:00|
No Reviews found for this course.