Are you looking to gain the fundamental skills to become a qualified nutritionist or dietitian? Do you want to build a better relationship with food and improve your eating habits? Then the Diet and Nutrition Advanced Diploma is for you.
This course is packed with essential information taken from professional nutritional studies to give you an in-depth scientific understanding of nutrition and dieting. It explores the impact of a poor diet on health and the immune system, the secrets to healthy, skin, hair and nails, plus much more.
You’ll explore the classifications and functions of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and minerals, macronutrients and micronutrients, deepening your understanding of the psychological, social and physiological functions of food and the impact of eating disorders on the body. You’ll also find nutritional advice for pregnant women and new mothers, with tips on breastfeeding, caffeine and alcohol intake.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The differences between macronutrients and micronutrients
- The psychological, social and physiological functions of food
- How the body stores energy and fights against diseases
- The functions of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and lipids
- How a poor diet impacts health and causes weight gain
- Foods for healthy skin, hair and nails
- Tips for losing weight after your baby and foods to avoid when breastfeeding
- An introduction to eating disorders and their impact on the body
- Learn the science behind dieting, healthy eating and nutrition
- Understand the social, psychological and physiological functions of food
- Learn how food provides energy, protects against diseases and regulates body processes
- Identify the differences between micronutrients and macronutrients, including their benefits
- Gain a clear understanding of how nutrition impacts health and aids weight loss
- Broaden your knowledge of the classifications and functions of carbohydrates, lipids, fats and proteins
- Deepen your understanding of the different types of vitamins and minerals and their functions
- Fast track your career as a nutritionist, dietitian or nutrition coach with an accredited qualification
Your Path to Success
The Diet and Nutrition Advanced Diploma is an essential qualification for anyone looking to carve a career in this industry. This training particularly applies to those who wish to work in the following professions:
- Nutrition Coach
- Fitness instructor
Skills You Will Gain
- Meal planning
- Scientific knowledge of nutrition
Is This Diet and Nutrition Advanced Diploma Course Right for You?
This comprehensive training course is designed for anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the science behind dieting and nutrition, including those who are looking to kickstart a career in the health and fitness industry. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. Digital certificates can be ordered for Free. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
|Module 1: Basics of Food and Nutrition|
|Basics of Food and Nutrition||00:20:00|
|Module 2: Macronutrients: Carbohydrates|
|Module 3: Macronutrients: Lipids and Proteins|
|Macronutrients Lipids and Proteins||00:30:00|
|Module 4: Micronutrients I|
|Module 5: Micronutrients II|
|Module 6: Digestion and Absorption|
|Digestion and Absorption||00:30:00|
|Module 7: Detoxification|
|Module 8: Balanced Diet|
|Module 9: Food Labelling|
|Module 10: Nutrition Requirements|
|Module 11: Food Intolerances and Allergies|
|Food Intolerances and Allergies||00:21:00|
|Module 12: Health Conditions: Diabetes|
|Health Conditions Diabetes||00:24:00|
|Module 13: Health Conditions: Heart disease|
|Health Conditions Heart disease||00:24:00|
|Module 14: Health Conditions: Cancer|
|Health Conditions Cancer||00:16:00|
|Module 15: Healthy Weight|
|Module 16: Eating Problems|
|Module 17: Women’s Health|
|Module 18: Common Concerns During Pregnancy|
|Common Concerns During Pregnancy||00:36:00|
|Module 19: Nutrition for the Baby|
|Nutrition for the Baby||00:24:00|
|Module 20: Some Special Foods|
|Some Special Foods||00:16:00|
No Reviews found for this course.