The Clinical Training for Nurses and Carers – Catheterisation course is ideal for new nurses looking to learn more about the catheterisation process. It covers essential information on the urinary system, catheter insertion and removal, and the risks of catheterisation. You will also gain a comprehensive understanding of urinary tract infections (UTI) and how they are treated.
Throughout the course, you will learn about the reasons why people require catheterisation and will familiarise with the different types of urinary catheters, learning when and how to use each one. You will also deepen your understanding of the equipment needed, with theoretical and practical training. Clinical terms and their uses will also be discussed in this extensive training course, providing you with practical knowledge of the industry, which will help you to fast track your career.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The different types of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and their symptoms
- Understanding the risks of catheterisation
- What is a urinary catheter and how is it inserted?
- An overview of the types of urinary catheters
- When is catheterisation required?
- The process for removing a urinary catheter
- An in-depth introduction to the urinary system
- An overview of clinical terms and their uses
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of how the urinary system functions
- Understand the different types of urinary diseases and incontinence
- Identify the many reasons why a person might need catheterisation
- Familiarise with each of the steps of the catheterisation process
- Learn about the tools required for catheterisation and how to use them correctly
- Understand the risks of catheterisation and health & safety best practice procedures
- Determine how long a patient will need to have a catheter and when is safe to remove it
- Understand the main symptoms of catheter-associated UTI
Your Path to Success
The Clinical Training for Nurses and Carers – Catheterisation course is an essential qualification for aspiring professionals looking to fast track their career in nursing or the care sector. It is ideal for those in the following professions:
- Registered General Nurse
- Nursing Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Live-in Carer
Skills You Will Gain
- General clinical skills, i.e. catheterisation
- Health & safety in a clinical setting
- Risk management
- knowledge of the functions of the urinary system
Is this Clinical Training for Nurses and Carers – Catheterisation course for you?
This comprehensive training course is designed for anyone looking to fast track their career in the nursing or care sector and wants to gain a deeper understanding of catheterisation. To provide a flexible way of learning, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students.
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
To receive the CPD and IAO approved certificate, learners must successfully complete the course assessment. For only £10, you may obtain digital certificates. Learners in the UK can buy printed hard copies for £29, while overseas students can buy printed hard copies for £39.
|Module 1: Introduction to Urinary Catheterisation|
|Introduction to Urinary Catheterisation||00:16:00|
|Module 2: The Urinary System|
|The Urinary System||00:13:00|
|Module 3: Patients’ Guide for Catheterisation|
|Patients’ Guide for Catheterisation||00:29:00|
|Module 4: Guidance for Nursing and Care Staff|
|Guidance for Nursing and Care Staff||00:24:00|
|Module 5: Protocol for Female Catheterisation|
|Protocol for Female Catheterisation||00:07:00|
|Module 6: Protocol for Male Catheterisation|
|Protocol for Male Catheterisation||00:09:00|
|Module 7: Protocol for Handling Catheter & Catheter Bags|
|Protocol for Handling Catheter Catheter Bags||00:13:00|
No Reviews found for this course.