This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer is designed by industry experts and will give you a thorough understanding of this topic. Our courses are designed with easy to understand modules that break down each topic and gives our learners proper training on the subject.
If you want to work in this sector and stand out from the rest of the competition, then our Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer is the perfect place to start.
We guarantee that you will gain relevant skill and will gain tremendous knowledge on the subject. And the professional qualifications that you achieve after completing the course will help you greatly in procuring a job in the relevant field.
Enjoy a pleasant learning experience with the Academy for Health & Fitness. Enrol in our Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer Today!
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The different types of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and their symptoms
- Understanding the risks of catheterisation
- What is a urinary catheter and how is it inserted?
- An overview of the types of urinary catheters
- When is catheterisation required?
- The process for removing a urinary catheter
- An in-depth introduction to the urinary system
- An overview of clinical terms and their uses
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of how the urinary system functions
- Understand the different types of urinary diseases and incontinence
- Identify the many reasons why a person might need catheterisation
- Familiarise with each of the steps of the catheterisation process
- Learn about the tools required for catheterisation and how to use them correctly
- Understand the risks of catheterisation and health & safety best practice procedures
- Determine how long a patient will need to have a catheter and when is safe to remove it
- Understand the main symptoms of catheter-associated UTI
Your Path to Success
The Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course is an essential qualification for aspiring professionals looking to fast track their career in nursing or the care sector. It is ideal for those in the following professions:
- Registered General Nurse
- Nursing Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Live-in Carer
Skills You Will Gain
- General clinical skills, i.e. catheterisation
- Health & safety in a clinical setting
- Risk management
- knowledge of the functions of the urinary system
Is this Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course for you?
This comprehensive training course is designed for anyone looking to fast track their career in the nursing or care sector and wants to gain a deeper understanding of catheterisation. To provide a flexible way of learning, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students.
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
|Module 1: Introduction to Urinary Catheterisation|
|Introduction to Urinary Catheterisation||00:16:00|
|Module 2: The Urinary System|
|The Urinary System||00:13:00|
|Module 3: Patients’ Guide for Catheterisation|
|Patients’ Guide for Catheterisation||00:29:00|
|Module 4: Guidance for Nursing and Care Staff|
|Guidance for Nursing and Care Staff||00:24:00|
|Module 5: Protocol for Female Catheterisation|
|Protocol for Female Catheterisation||00:07:00|
|Module 6: Protocol for Male Catheterisation|
|Protocol for Male Catheterisation||00:09:00|
|Module 7: Protocol for Handling Catheter & Catheter Bags|
|Protocol for Handling Catheter Catheter Bags||00:13:00|
No Reviews found for this course.