Losing fat is never easy. There is no magical way for weight loss. However, there is a way to help you shed extra pounds from your body and make you healthy. And we all already know what that way is. It’s working out. Workout helps us burn more calories than what we take in and thus stay balanced. If you are thinking of starting a fitness regime but are worried about how to do it right, then this blog is for you. From this article, you will learn about the ten best gym workout for beginners to lose weight.
10 Best Gym Workout for Beginners to Lose Weight
If you want to shed extra pounds quickly, gym workouts besides healthy diets can be the most effective solution for you. Here is a collection of the ten best workouts for beginners to lose weight:
The deadlift, also popular as the king of all lifts, is known as the purest form of weightlifting workout. In this workout, you will have to lift some dead weight. Basically, the dead weight is a heavy object lying on the ground. And repeatedly picking it up and putting it down works up your body.
There are a few forms of the deadlift. For example, setup, pull/drive, and lockout. To start performing, stand straight. After that, keep your feet shoulder-width apart. Then, hold the weight with your hands and lift it up. Pause in the position for a few seconds. Afterwards, put it down slightly on the floor. Repeat the move 5-10 times and take a break for 30-60 secs. In the beginning, perform 1-3 such sets. Later on, increase the number of sets.
Benefits of Deadlift:
The benefits of the deadlift are given below:
1. Deadlift burns calories fast.
2. This workout helps to increase your balance.
3. The deadlift is very effective to reduce stomach fat.
4. This lifting helps to grow your muscles.
5. It also makes your muscles stronger.
2. Weighted Squat
If you want the lower half of your body to be well-built, then the weighted squat will be the best choice for you. This gym workout for beginners to lose weight also enlarges the gluteus maximus.
To perform the weighted squat, keep your spine straight, holding the weight. Firstly, you have to hold the weight over your shoulder or in the hands close to your chest. After that, lower your body by pushing your hip backwards. Keep lowering your body till you can keep both the thighs parallel to the ground. Next, hold for a while, and then stand up to the previous position. This cycle is counted as one rep.
Benefits of Weighted Squat
The squat is always a great choice for anyone. Meanwhile, the weighted squat is more beneficial. Some pros of this workout are-
1. It crushes your fat.
2. Weighted squat gives you strength and increases your stamina.
3. This workout shapes the lower half of your body.
4. It helps you achieve a better-sculpted body.
3. Dumbbell Lunge
There are many popular styles and variations of lunges. And you can choose to pick different styles and combine them. For example, you can make moves forward or backwards. Likewise, you can perform lunge weighted or without weight. For practising a weighted lunge, you can grab a dumbbell or a kettlebell. Dumbbell lunge is an effective gym workout for beginners to lose weight quickly.
For doing this, stand up straight, holding a dumbbell close to your knees. Then, move your one leg forward until it reaches a 90-degree angle. Then, pause for the position for a while. After that, return to the previous standing position. However, if you want to make this workout more challenging, hold the weight with your hands overhead.
Benefits of Dumbbell Lunge
Check out the benefits of the dumbbell lunge below:
1. It helps you to lose weight quickly.
2. Dumbbell lunge increases your core strength.
3. It is a great gym workout to strengthen your spine and hip muscles.
4. It gives you stability and balance.
Push-up is a highly effective workout for weight loss. If you are searching for an easy gym workout for beginners to lose weight, push-up is a great choice for you. Moreover, the best thing about this exercise is that you can do it without any accessories.
To do it, you need to get down on the ground on your hands and legs. Firstly, place your hands a little wider than your shoulders. After that, straighten your hands and legs. Afterwards, lower your whole body until the chest almost touches the ground. Then, stay in the position for a while and push yourself up.
If you’re a starter, start with three sets of push-up. Each set should include ten push-ups. Take intervals for 45 to 60 seconds between each set. After your body gets used to it, increase the number of sets and reps.
Benefits of Push-up
The benefits of the push-up are the following:
1. Push-up builds a strong core.
2. It increases upper body strength.
3. Back and shoulders become stronger.
4. This workout helps to build muscle mass in your arms.
5. Low-intensity Cardio
Cardio is a very effective exercise for losing weight. There are many kinds of cardio. However, if you are a beginner, you don’t need to go for high-intensity cardio initially. Instead, you can lose your excess body fat by practising low-intensity cardio. Besides, if you have some sort of physical limitation, this cardio will probably suit you.
Some low-intensity cardio includes the following:
- Walking in Treadmill
- Slow Running
- Swimming Practice
- Aerobics Exercise
In the beginning, you can be slow and eventually increase the intensity of your movements. It will help you to adjust to your gym routine. You can plan for 30 minutes of cardio exercise three to five days a week. When your body starts habituated to the routine, increase the time of workout. In addition, try holding weights in your hands. It will help you to lose fat faster.
Benefits of Low-intensity Cardio
Low-intensity cardio is helpful for weight loss, especially for beginners. Some other benefits are given below-
1. It boosts heart rate.
2. Low-intensity cardio strengthens your bones.
3. It is also great for your improving lunges and muscle.
4. This cardio enhances your nervous system.
6. Interval Training
If you want to lose weight fast, interval training is the best choice for you. By practising this interval training, you can combine different effective exercises and lose fat from your overall body. The best thing about this workout is that it can burn your calorie in minimum time. The technique is to increase your heartbeat rate by intense exercise for 45 seconds following 15 seconds break between two sets.
You can follow the interval training below:
- You can try the exercise ‘butt kicks’ for 45 seconds
- Rest for 15 seconds
- After that, go for ‘lunges’ for 45 seconds
- Have rest for 15 seconds
- Afterwards, start ‘burpees’ for 45 seconds
- Again, rest for 15 seconds.
- Jump ‘squats’ for 45 seconds
- Pause for 15 seconds
Repeat the cycle for 10 minutes. Later on, increase the time gradually. Moreover, you can add other exercises in the cycle as you wish.
Benefits of Interval Training
You must be curious to learn the advantages of interval training. So, go through the following:
1. This training can burn your calories fast.
2. It is the best workout for core strength.
3. Develop body balance and increase focus.
4 No extra equipment is required for this exercise.
5. A combination of different exercises makes it enjoyable.
7. Cable Crossover
You can do this workout in a gym or your home using a machine with cables. The height of the cable is flexible. You can target your upper to lower chest fat individually.
To get started, set the handles of both sides and the cable at your preferred height level. Then, stand in the cable machine’s centre with your feet shoulder-width remain apart. After that, bend your body a bit forward. At the same time, try to keep your spine and back straight (somewhat like an inclined plane). Then, facing your wrist towards the ground, bend slightly. Afterwards, pull both of the cables down and over your torso. Get back to the previous position and repeat ten times. Gradually increase the number of rep.
Benefits of Cable Crossover
The goodness of cable crossover workout is given below:
1. It removes fat from your shoulder and back.
2. The cable crossover workout helps to develop muscles in your upper body.
3. By doing this workout can get a high impact by using low body energy.
4. It ensures you a toned chest.
8. Swiss Ball Rollout
The Swiss ball rollout is excellent for dropping some pounds from your body. You can perform it in different styles and lose weight from different parts of your body.
To perform the workout, use a fitness mat on the floor. Firstly, you can sit on your knees in front of the ball. Then, place your arms on the Swiss ball and roll out the ball forward and backwards slowly. Repeat ten times.
As a beginner, you may start in slow motion. However, you can increase the speed when you can perform ten reps properly. So, you may practice three sets of 5-10 reps in the starting. Afterwards, try advanced variations of this workout. For example, you can do a single leg rollout like shown in the GIF below.
Lie on your back on the ground. After that, keep your leg above the ball. Then, roll out the ball with that one leg while both hands are touching the floor.
Benefits of Swiss Ball Rollout
Some benefits of rollout workout are given below:
1. Rollout reduces fat from all over your body.
2. It can increase your core strength.
3. Rolling out activity enhances your balance and stability, which reduces the risk of injury.
4. Swiss ball leg rollout makes your hamstring more flexible and strong.
5. This workout also gives your body a better shape.
9. Barbell Bench Press
Now you’ll get to know about a very common yet popular gym workout. Whenever you walk to any gym, you’ll probably see some people performing this bench press workout. This activity is the chest gym workout for beginners to lose weight.
To perform the workout, you have to lie on a bench with your back towards the ground. Then, hold the barbell with your hands. After that, slightly push the bar up and breathe out. Stay in the position for a few seconds and bring the barbell down close to your chest. Meanwhile, breathe in. Look at the ceiling while pushing up, not at the barbell. Doing so is ideal because it will help you to stay more focused.
Benefits of Barbell Bench Press
The advantages of barbell bench press are given in the following:
1. It removes extra weight from your upper body.
2. Bench pressing gives your body strength.
3. This workout makes the chest, shoulders and triceps stronger.
4. It ensures a stronger pec major and pec minor.
5. This workout makes your bones stronger.
10. Kettlebell Swings
Last but not least, kettlebell swings. This exercise benefits your entire body. Kettlebell swings workout is very convenient for both men and women. Moreover, you don’t need a lot of time to lose your unwanted pounds.
To do kettlebell swings,
1. Stand up tall, holding your two-handed kettlebell.
2. Bend your body, grabbing the kettlebell, and make a swing.
3. Then, stand straight. You can complete the swing for 20 seconds and have a rest for 10 seconds.
4. Repeat the set 10 times.
Benefits of Kettlebell Swings:
A few benefits of kettlebell swings is given below:
1. Kettlebell swings increase your heart rate.
2. It shapes your hands and increases arm strength.
3. Also, boost leg strength.
4. This workout tone your hips.
5. It can help you build a strong core.
Must-Have Equipment: Gym Workout for Beginners to Lose Weight
If you want to make a mini gym in your sweet home and workout, here is a list of gym equipment and accessories you should buy. However, you don’t have to rush and purchase all at once. You can collect them gradually.
It is the most common gym equipment. You can buy a light set in the beginning and eventually shift to heavier ones.
You can use a kettlebell alternative to dumbbells. Furthermore, you can find a variety of shapes and weights of kettlebells in the market.
Swiss balls look adorable. You should invest in one ball and build your core strength by rolling them.
You should also consider buying barbells. Buy a 55-pound barbell if you are a man and a 45-pound barbell if you are a woman. In addition, buy a rack to store your bar.
A treadmill is always a smart investment in home gym equipment. However, select one that has a variety of inclines and speeds. Also, some treadmills facilitate the privilege of heart rate monitoring.
Cycling ensures you a better cardiovascular system. Therefore, buying a cycle or a gym bicycle is a good investment.
A fitness bench is an adjustable platform. It is used while practising weight training workouts. For example, you will need it while performing the barbell bench press.
Spend a few pounds on a fitness mat. This is important because unless you use a mat while exercising on the ground, direct contact with the floor furnish can have negative health impacts.
What are the Other Benefits of Gym Workout?
You have learned about the advantages of ten different gym workout for beginners to lose weight. To know the other general health benefits of exercise, see the following:
1. Regular workouts can keep you away from diseases as well as increase your life expectancy.
2. Workout is the magic pill to prevent ageing. As a result, you look younger with a toned body.
3. Exercising increase your metabolism rate. So, you can digest food better.
4. It keeps you active and increases your focus on work.
5. Exercising and building a fit physique can prevent or reduce your depression dramatically.
Pro Tips to Lose Weight Fast
In this section, you will get to learn how to make your weight loss journey more effective. Check out the following tips:
1. Drink a lot of water every day. Water increases your metabolism rate. And high metabolism can help you lose weight faster.
2. Have a balanced diet. However, if you want to lose weight quickly, you have to make a calorie deficit diet routine.
3. Cut off extra sugar from your diet. Don’t drink carbonated beverages.
4. Have a sound sleep. Less amount of sleep is one of the reasons for fatigue, and it can lead to weight gain.
5. While exercising, if you can’t perform the workout moves properly, it will not be effective. However, expert guidance can solve the issue. “Academy for Health and Fitness” is providing this masterclass ‘Gym Workouts, Bodybuilding and Muscle Growth’ for weight loss and muscle gain. For losing weight quickly with the help of expert trainers, consider joining this outstanding program.
The Bottom Line
Are you ready to lose extra fat? Losing weight and having a fit physique is the dream of many people. But lack of regular exercise, food control, determination, and proper direction is the reason they can’t achieve their dream. Therefore, you can take professional help from the experts to learn the proper moves and stay focused on your weight loss goals. Visit the page and learn more from the course ‘Gym Workouts, Bodybuilding and Muscle Growth’. This can be an excellent gateway for learning gym workout for beginners to lose weight.
- 10 Best Gym Workout to Lose Weight – The Beginners Guide
- How to Become a Yoga Instructor – Explore Career Paths
- 10 Essential Occupational Therapy Skills You Need to Succeed
- 10 Most Common Occupational Therapy Settings
- What are the Main Benefits of Occupational Therapy?
- Yoga for Everyone : 10 Yoga Poses You Need to Know
- 7 Ways to Develop a Mindfulness Approach to the Workplace
- 11 of the World’s Most Popular Herbal Medicines
- How to Become an Occupational Therapist
- 10 Benefits of Yoga in the Morning